Saturday, March 19, 2011

Today, the Last Day of Winter. Tomorrow, the First Day of Spring

Today I spent a lot of time reminiscing about Mister Kitty. I was sad much of the day, listening to a few of The Cranberries songs. I have a lot of old pictures and videos that I'm not sure I'm ready to look at quite yet of my cat's last spring. And tomorrow will be the start of spring, this time for the first time without Mister Kitty.

It will be my first full spring birdfeeding, and now filling residents in all of my new birdhouses. Having birds nest and live in my yard is still very new to me. Wish me luck with that, will ya?

I will miss my first migrants since I've been into birds, most notably, the two Red-breasted Nuthatches. So friendly and so cute. I don't want to see them go... I will also miss seeing the migrant White-throated Sparrows that I've fed and seen roosting in a small tree/bush by my porch. I hope all migrants everywhere have a safe journey home.

One of the migrants that will be returning back here are hummingbirds, which I used to feed. I love hummingbirds. As far as the others, I am not exactly sure which migrants come back here for their breeding/summer migrations. I guess we will have to see, huh!

With that said, I hope every one of you has a great spring providing homes for and feeding the birds.

Happy spring

No comments:

Post a Comment