Thursday, March 24, 2011

Three Weeks

That day I went into the woods looking for you
It was the first day I had been in there
I knew then why you loved it so much
I was just in awe and beside myself
It felt weird to see a place you had probably been a thousand times
Almost eerie, to see and be in a place you had walked and roamed before
Like I was walking into the past, or even in your footsteps, seeing the same things you had seen
Your old stomping grounds
All the places you had been before
You're nowhere to be found now
Except in my mind
I look out the window, still looking for you
I still see all of your old cat friends you used to play and fight with
Sometimes I wonder why it had to be you out of all of them
I just don't understand why
I can still see you run to me when you hear me
Now there's just tears running
Three weeks ago today I was holding you in my arms, the last day I saw you
Now, I'm just holding onto memories

No comments:

Post a Comment