Sunday, March 13, 2011

Mister Kitty - -,

I had a dream last night I saw Mister Kitty. I think he was laying in a chair like he used to do so much. It's slowly hit me that he could no longer be alive. I can't imagine that, I don't like to, but I guess it's possible. There are coyotes, owls, other large birds in the woods that border my property. It feels so empty and strangely quiet on the street and outside my house where he'd walk. Whenever I'd come home, he'd always run to my vehicle in the driveway and garage. Now, there's nothing. I look around, it's quiet, too quiet, and I always imagine him walking around in my mind. I sometimes wait and reminisce and look around for him to magically appear, but I never get my wish. I just get an eerie silence. This was his block, his street, and will always be... It's just not the same without him. He always liked to hunt and kill little things like mice, lizards, squirrels, etc., whatever he could get a hold of, and maybe a bigger animal got him finally, much like how he got so many before it. It makes me think how there's a food chain and everyone's time comes. I looked in the woods for him a couple times. I don't know if I would like to find him dead. If an animal did get him I don't think there would be much left of him, anyway. Maybe I'd just like to pretend he's still walking around or sleeping and spread out somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment