Friday, March 11, 2011

Mister Kitty, Still Lost

It's now been over a week since I've seen my cat. It's hard and sad. Not knowing what happened is the difficult part. Oh, how he loved birds, too, albeit a little differently than me. He liked to try to get them, I liked to feed and watch them. When I first met Mr. Kitty he was very bony and underfed. I guess the neighbors across the street that owned him didn't feed him much. I'm sure that's partly where he picked up a lot of his hunting skills, to get food to stay alive. So, I nursed Mr. Kitty back to health and fed him well and he called this place home for years after. He was very loyal, sweet and friendly. I tried to make him an indoor cat, but he just didn't want to be indoors too much, except when it was rainy or cold, and other times just to sleep and relax. At least I tried, but if I never see him again, he will at least have been where he wanted to be and loved, which was outside, in the wild ... free.

I miss you, Mister Kitty. I always told you when I picked you up and were in my arms that I love you so much and that I'd do anything for Mister Kitty. Well, I kept my promise. I've looked at the pound, asked around the neighborhood, posted Lost posters. Love you, wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment