Friday, November 26, 2010

Possum/Opussum and a Vulture

Several days ago there was a dead opossum in the road in my neighborhood. After coming back from a restaurant and PetSmart (looking at all the pet birds ♥) I stopped to move it to the side of the road. There were two huge, um, I'll call them Vultures, but I'm not sure what they were. They were huge and the wingspan was incredible. One or both were in the road when I stopped and was getting out, then they flew off to nearby poles and in the air. One circled in the air and seemed to head for the general area of the opossum and myself. Kind of scary. It ended up landed on a telephone pole nearby, looking down at the dead meal, and me. You never know what such a big, wild, hungry bird of prey will do to protect and get his meal. It ended up flying away afterwards as I was waiting back in the car to see it fly over to the dead animal, but it didn't. Hopefully, he came back and had a nice meal with his presumed mate.

I feed a wild opossum that lives in the woods. He comes over and eats the cat food. I don't mind. I actually have a picture I took some months ago of him and my outdoor cat, Mister Kitty:


No comments:

Post a Comment