Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Little Update

Yesterday, I saw the Red-bellied Woodpecker a bit, being quite aggressive at the feeder, pecking in the direction of a Mourning Dove in the feeder, then got a few black-oil sunflower seeds.

And today, I saw my cat on my newer-location backyard/deck feeder, so I went outside and saw a bunch of feathers on the ground and everywhere. I was worried he had killed a Titmouse or Chickadee, but after looking at the feathers, it appeared to be a Mourning Dove. He must have gotten ahold of it for a short time and the bird must have gotten away, thankfully. I don't like him messing around, scaring or trying to kill the birds. He could also get hurt himself from the bill/beak.

A new bird I saw had brown/tan underparts, gray upperparts, striped head black and gray/white. (Writing for myself for the record)

And I have not been able to identify online that mysterious camouflaged bird yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment