Sunday, September 12, 2010

There was a butterfly...

...on the porch while I was cleaning and refilling the bird feeders with its wings in the upright, vertical position. I sat down next to it, wondering if it was okay and put my hand near it and in front of it, expecting it to fly off and it didn't move at all. I left and went back into the house for something for the feeder, came back out, wrapped up my feeder work, then sat down next to it again and put my hand near it again and looked at the wings closely and it looked like there were small tears in the wings, but for all I know that could be normal, since I never have the pleasure of seeing a butterfly so up-close and personal. I began thinking about what I was going to do with it and making plans to care for it, because if my outdoor cat would have seen that and it didn't move or fly off, it would be so dead. I began wondering what it eats/drinks and was thinking about looking online for more info, when all a sudden it flew off. Just like that, it was gone. It flew pretty well, so that's good to know that it was able to fly and was apparently not hurt, thankfully. Kind of funny I was beginning to think up a big, long plan to save it and it flies off. But a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment