Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Giving Tree

I was thinking of and remembered a storybook I and I'm sure many of us have read when we were younger called "The Giving Tree." I was just thinking how easily one could substitute the boy for a bird, since birds spend their entire lives living in trees and are dependant on them to keep them warm, safe and alive.

Well, I was looking on YouTube for the book in some sort of video/movie form and did happen to find the original movie from 1973 here. I didn't know it until after I watched it but it was narrated by the original author Shel Silverstein. I looked him up and turns out he died a little over 11 years ago. Kind of sad to realize that, especially considering the plot of the The Giving Tree and to hear him still very much alive and "young." And to hear him still inspiring others even after death.

No comments:

Post a Comment