Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend - Fall is Approaching

Well, finally cleaned the bird bath after, eh, I don't even wanna know how long. Now I see birds finally coming back to the bath to drink and bathe, so that's good. Also been cleaning out some of the bird houses. Got a big 25 lbs. bag of black-oil sunflower seeds. Now I just need to get another bag of bird food. Recently I've been using an expensive mix of nuts and fruit instead of the usual bird food mix. They seem to really like the nuts and stuff, just not the raisins, etc., so trying to look for a nut mix at a decent price, or I might just have to go back to the bird food mix of various seeds, cracked corn, black-oil sunflower seeds, etc.

As Fall approaches, this will be new for me since I just got into birds in late Spring and Summer, so it's all new to me and what birds do in Fall, which from what I've read is start caching food for winter, etc. I also just learned recently that birds build nests mainly in the Spring. Just really simple things I had no idea about.

Oh, and I saw the female Cardinal feeding the youngin' again close to the feeder. I could never get tired of watching this, especially virtually up-close with binoculars, it makes you feel like you are right there next to them.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment