Monday, April 18, 2011

Looking 4 a Home

Last weekend and ever since the chickadees have been in and out of several birdhouses. That's a change from last week and some time before where I didn't see much activity around the 'houses. They were in some old ones where they've already built a nest and some 'houses that I just cleaned and moved to new locations nearby.

I saw the two titmice this weekend again after a sudden stop in activity for a few days. They were around the main 'house I made a video of and posted a few days ago. I saw one trying desperately to get out of it and each of the three holes, trying each one fast and in a hurry, but seemingly having trouble getting out for a minute. Eventually he made it out. There may be a red wasp nest in there and that's possibly the reason, because of the wasps. I really need to unscrew the 'house and check. I'm not going to let a wasp occupy my birdhouses and ruin my potential first nests of spring since being into birds.

In other news, I've seen several new birds recently, possibly back from migration or stopping over and on their way back home to the north.

No comments:

Post a Comment