Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Couple New Birds

I saw a new bird a few minutes ago. It looked kind of like a Chickadee, gray flight feathers/back, light gray/whitish underneath and a black head. The difference was instead of having the whole head black, just the top of the head/crown was black and the rest of the head was the light gray/whitish WITH a black stripe going through the eyes. I thought it was a small White-breasted Nuthatch at first, since there is one that has been becoming more active and was out there at the time I saw this bird. Trying to identify the bird.

The other birds I believe are American Robins. Gray upperparts, brown/orange/rusty underneath. Not really seen at the feeders, mainly foraging nearby and in trees.

On a side note, yesterday as I was riding my motorcycle through the neighborhood I saw a huge bird fly low and close-by in front of me. Pretty surprising and cool to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment