Sunday, December 19, 2010

It's Been a Couple Days...

...since I bonded with that dying squirrel. Boy... It still tears me up thinking about it... Nearly a week ago I found another dead bird from a window collision, a female House Finch. For some reason it didn't really hit me that hard or get me too sad, but still a tragedy nonetheless. It's the second bird that's died like that. The first dead bird, the Tufted Titmouse, hit me the same way the squirrel did: very hard and days of sadness and reflection on it, and the way both died, the bird still holding onto a seed in his bill and the bonding with the squirrel before his death, was heartbreaking. Both experiences changed me and continues to evolve my thinking on how precious animals are and deserve the utmost respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment