Tuesday, February 15, 2011

House Finch Eye Disease

I've seen two or more birds (House Finches) today with the confirmed House Finch (Eye) Disease (it can affect multiple bird species, not just House Finches). Another female House Finch is closing one or both eyes at times, and looks larger than normal, like she's fluffed up, with big lump-like parts covered with feathers sticking out, like on her chest and her back. Not real sure what that is, if she has the disease, too, or not. It doesn't move too much, and while I was out putting more bird food in the feeders, she didn't move from a branch she was perched on nearby, even though I was making some noise. I was wondering if she could be deaf even. Anyway, kind of sad. I am gonna get out the 10% bleach, I guess, and do some cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment